The Tick List

Saturday 19 May 2007

Where is all begins

Well I've finally gotten around to starting a blog and to keep all the loved ones (and not so loved ones) up-to-date about my whereabouts. Pondering the title I came up with something that really sums up my whole life's motivation right now.

Anywhere But Sydney

Now don't get me wrong. Sydney is a gorgeous, vibrant place and somewhere that I'll always see as home. Problem is having lived there my whole life, it started to go all shades of gray and it was time to make a move. I really want to like Sydney again and the best thing right now is to get away, see what else there is out there and develop an appreciation for all the great things I already have.

Gratitude and humility are virtues often spoken of but just as often missing in big city thinking, and it's time for me to re-discover both.

So "Anywhere But Sydney" it is for now. I hope to share my simple and everyday, to my more layered and pensive moments with those who would care.

Travel isn't about "finding yourself" in new places and environments.
All the bits you're looking for are already a part of you, inside you.
Too often though they get buried under what's comfortable and easiest.
But, perhaps with new perspectives, fresh challenges and different ideas,
the parts you're looking for might just come out to play.

No comments: