The Tick List

Saturday 19 May 2007

Getting up to scratch

For the sake of completeness I'll quickly detail where I've been up until now.

I've gotten a job with a geophysics company as a data operator. Basically I follow a plane around the country (and eventually overseas) and collect and process the data that is generated during the aerial surveys.
The team consists of 1-2 pilots, an operator (me) and of course the plane. We're based in a location anywhere from a few days right through to months at a time depending on how big the job is.

I started on 23rd April in Bourke NSW for a few days and then went to Dubbo for a week where I was trained up by the existing operator.
Since then, I've been in Cloncurry QLD by myself, learning and working but ultimately getting to grips with the job on my first real shift.

Now I'm in Mt Isa QLD for a few weeks and I've settled in quite nicely. I made most of my rookie mistakes in Cloncurry although I'm sure there are many more to come, but I'm quite confident in what I'm doing now and happy to be working.

No comments: