The Tick List

Sunday 20 May 2007

Finally away

Well we're off and running for this job now. Got 2 flights in today which has kept me reasonably busy. The rain system that started south and came over yesterday has moved on.

Went out to see Spiderman 3 last night. (Yes they have a cinema here). Nothing great, about the same as the second one. Did see some previews for Transformers though which looks great. Micheal Bay directing and Spielberg producing, can't get much better than that. (Anybody wonder what I'm talking about rent 'Heat" and fast forward to the bank robbery scene. My kind of fun)

Dropped in to the local night club to have a look. Left after about 2 mins and bought a six pack of beer to have with dinner.

One thing I will say, travelling central NSW and QLD make me realise a lot of Australia still makes judgements on people from what they see straight away. Walking into a pub in Dubbo looking the way I do seems to be fuel for getting a stubbie in the back of the head. But hey, I'm not complaining or sterotyping, it is what it is. I've accepted what I have to work with and look for other ways to experience different environments.
I'll have a rant at some later point about passive racism when I've travelled a bit little bit more.

Finally, I'll be keeping this blog (hopefully) to accounts of something reasonably interesting or insightful as I get very bored with "well today I did this, then I met so and so, and then I went here..." and I wouldn't want to subject any readers to the same pain.

No comments: