The Tick List

Monday 30 July 2007



What does one do when they have their birthday in Kananga? Head to the local chinese restaurant of course. These two characters have been here for 4 years from Shen Zhen I think. I never thought I'd have to pull out the old chinese school lessons in the DRC but here I was, looking at a menu in French, and trying to order in Mandarin. Well I got 2 dishes out of 3 of what I wanted.

The meat quality was the same as everywhere here (ie. tire rubber) but at least the spices and sauces were good. And for those of you thinking it, yes I need a shave and yes I look ridiculous in that hat, but out here they don't know any better.

Anyhow, I've been diligently planning my break and holiday. At the moment it looks like trekking in Chiang Mai for a few days, climbing in Krabi for about 10, then back to KL to do whatever for another 10. Very much looking forward to it.

Oh and I've realised I'm not going to be at home much in the next 12 months (even when I'm in the country) so I'm coming back for Christmas to catch up with everyone. I'll probably rent an apartment for the 10 days or so people can come and go as they please. Should be fun.

Well I'm off to go outside and do a happy dance coz a massive storm is brewing. Storms = no fog and no smoke haze = work getting done = Alex not shooting himself from boredom.

See ya.

No comments: