The Tick List

Sunday 15 July 2007

No work, no play

Ok, I am now officially annoyed. I've been here 2 weeks to the day and have neither done any real work or gotten to know any of the locals/go sightseeing. Haven't even taken any photos.
We've been trying to get the plane ready to go to the DRC and finish the job there but there has been delay after delay and it keeps stretching out. Originally I thought I was going to be here just 6 days so I was ready to go and do as much as possible before leaving. Things like skydiving, game park tours etc as well as meeting up with some of the locals and getting on the fire water.

Well none of that has really happened and it's annoying me as I feel I've wasted 2 weeks and many an opportunity to get out and about. What makes it hard is I only know what I'm going to be doing for the day a few hours before doing it. Sometimes I have stuff I need to do for work, sometimes nothing. So neither working or nor a tourist right now and it's just gotten to me today. But it's the nature of this job so it's time to suck it up and move on.

Bah, anyway, now I've had my spit at all of you I'll just ride my time out until we get away. I'll have a chance to do the holiday/tourist thing later. Actually I'll probably head to Cape town for that as there's more to see/do and less chance of getting mugged shot than in Joburg/Praetoria.

Off to eat myself silly again. I'll be back later.

No comments: