The Tick List

Monday 27 August 2007

Back to civilisation..... almost

The nature of this job is always on 2 ends of the scale. Weeks and weeks of nothing, then 5 days of absolute ball tearing work which leaves you very much wishing for a long sleep followed by sun soaked beach.

I'm back in Praetoria after a whirlwind trip covering a few thousands kms and about 20 hours of flying. Back to fix a plane that should have been fixed a month and a half ago.

Lusaka was nice. And by nice I mean no "you must pay, you must pay" at customs. No cold showers and 'holy' tar roads. And most of all, no locals who look like they're going to fleece you of everything you have the moment you're not paying attention. Bought a few trinkets there which was nice. Other than that there's not much to report.

Really at the end of it all, if you read back a few posts to when I first got here, that's where I am now. Waiting, waiting to go back to my beloved DRC to get some work done. Hopefully this time it's done properly and the company I work for can stop flushing thousand dollar bills and start earning some.

No comments: